Fame and Reputation is not Just for Athletes or Actors
Fame and Reputation is important Feng Shui. A focus on fame and reputation is not just for athletes, actors, and politicians. The energy around how one is perceived in a career, in a circle of friends, a neighborhood and a community is absorbed from and reflected back into the universe in powerful ways.
Validation and recognition for our efforts at work, home, and life helps us grow and sustain our psyche. We all need recognition in some form or fashion.
Phil Mickelson is top of my mind as I think about his celebrations after winning the final round at the PGA Championship golf tournament on the Ocean Course, Sunday, May 23, 2021, in Kiawah Island, S.C.
What do people think about when they hear your name?
There is no doubt, one should be aware of one’s reputation in day-to-day living. However, it is especially important for those looking for work. More immediately there is a huge number of folks who are thinking about returning to work after COVID Pandemic related layoffs and business closings. And with the month of May, we also have new graduates entering the workforce.
So, now is as good a time as any to reflect on what people think about when they hear your name.
In a world seemingly dominated by “social media”, thinking about reputation is more important than ever. I think we all know “tweets” and “posts” can come back to haunt us.
My recommendation is to read whatever you are getting ready to put out there at least five times and ask these questions before you hit enter:
- What would my family and closest friends think about this post?
- What would my community think about this post?
- What would my audience think about this post? PS this can apply to politicians, actors, athletes, retailers…basically anyone who has clients and is selling/representing a product, service, or brand.
- What would prospective employers think about this post?
- Do I really want people to witness my frustration, anger, deeply personal feelings in such a public forum?
To influence the energy in the Fame and Reputation gua (area) in your home and office:
- Like all gua’s, keeping this space clean, dusted, and free of clutter is important.
- Decorate with up images, like hot air balloons, the moon, the stars and the sun, tall buildings etc.
- The fireplace is especially helpful if it happens to be in this area of your home and office. If not, you can use candles and other symbols of fire here.
- This would be the perfect place to showcase your diploma, certificates of recognition, and awards.
Think of your visits to a doctor’s office. Imagine the doctor with this diploma hanging behind is desk. Placed as a validation of the skills needed for the position, that diploma also creates a sense of confidence for the patient.
Speaking of Fame and Reputation google reviews are today’s “word-of-mouth” for many small businesses. If you haven’t left a review for a favorite small business, I can tell you first-hand they are invaluable.
I received the best review today. We all need a pat on the back occasionally. This testimonial brought tears to my eyes because this client’s experience is what I hope to bring to every consultation.
My new client said, “I chose Joan initially because her website indicated that she was a down to earth normal looking person who just happens to practice Feng Shui. I had had other experiences with Feng Shui practitioners in the past and my experience with Joan was the total opposite, and a breath of fresh air. Her unpretentious presentation and assessment of my life and HOME was extremely helpful to me. She made subtle changes that had almost an immediate impact on my general well-being. I was not asked to buy her crystals or any little Feng Shui gadgets! She gently probed personal situations in my life and offered constructive ideas on how I might make changes to those when I feel ready. I would highly recommend Joan if you are looking to sell your home, or just to live comfortably in your own home. She is a real find, and right here in my backyard in Fairfield County”!
I do so love helping my clients manage the energy around them. Let us find out if I can be of help to you.
One thought on “Fame and Reputation is Important Feng Shui”
Comments are closed.